Monday, August 25, 2008

When Dinner Blunders Happen

I consider myself a pretty good cook. Not as good as my mom...she's chef material. But I can hold my own in the kitchen. However, many times when I cook I throw things together without a recipe. Last night was no different. I had decided I was going to make veggie lo mein. So I cooked up a box of noodles, chopped and stirfried the veggies. Then I added the noodles (just plain spaghetti) once I dumped them in I realized that I had made way too many. You would think this would ruin the dinner. But that's when improvising comes in handy. I simply added more sesame oil and more soysauce. It certainly wasn't as good as I hoped but I'm always my worst critic. Everyone else ate them up. And there's plenty left for lunch today. I won't post my recipe but I'll post one I found from Rachel Ray on FoodNetwork.com. lol, hopefully that'll come out better than the one I made.

No comments: