Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cooking with Love

I was asked to co-author this blog today. I think it's a great idea and I love sharing my love for food. One of my favorite TV shows is The Next Food Network Star because that seems like such a dream job for me. What better job than to share your passion? I admit, I don't always cook meals for my family. By the end of the day I'm exhausted and the thought of preparing a meal and cleaning up the mess is daunting. But our budget (and waistlines) don't allow for frequent pizza deliveries or McDonald's runs. Besides, I believe establishing healthy eating habits for my toddler is incredibly important. So I decided to start cooking more...and cooking more healthy. Some days I cook simple easy meals and other days I'm inspired by Food Network and try my hand at more complex meals. Lately, however, I've been cooking more vegetarian meals since I currently have a vegetarian in the house. You might be like me and think that a vegetarian meal couldn't be satisfying, especially if you love meat as much as I do. But I was pleasantly surprised to find how much my family has enjoyed vegetarian meals. I hope you enjoy the recipes I'll be sharing and you're inspired to try your hand at different styles of cooking.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm looking fwd to it... My husband wouldn't settle for vegetarian meals normally, but I know they'll come in handy for Lent.

We can't do much takeout either (nor do I want to) so understood on all that... homemade is so much better anyway.