Wednesday, August 27, 2008

An Easy Lunch

I needed something quick and tasty for lunch yesterday. I did a quick survey of my pantry, refrigerator, and freezer. Noodles, frozen raw meat, milk, cream soups, noodle soups, diced tomatoes, frozen browned ground beef, more noodles. Things that could become a meal, but most of them we'd had recently. Then it struck me, I had NEVER made anything with egg noodles for Kairi. And I mean NEVER. So this is what I created. If nothing else, Alex ate 2 helpings for lunch that day and two more today. Kairi eats it, not perfectly, but anymore getting 2 bites per meal down her is a miracle.



Almost Beef Stroganoff (or however you spell it)

~1 lb of browned ground beef (thawed and rinsed to help remove excess fat/grease)
16 oz of egg noodles
1/2 cup of milk (skim)
1 can of cream of mushroom (98% fat free)

Cook and drain the noodles. Mix in the other three ingredients. Add salt to taste. Serve!


Seriously, a super easy dish. I loved it, Alex loved it. Kairi's opinion doesn't count since she doesn't eat. :)

No comments: