Thursday, September 18, 2008

Family Recipe Hamburgers

My brother is a huge griller. He loves to grill. I think he might even be a little obsessed with grilling. I love to grill as well and will grill whenever I get the chance. I used to simply use the frozen patties that you just slap on the grill...but my brother taught me a little secret recipe. Well, not the whole secret...he keeps a secret ingredient. But since I'm grilling burgers tonight I thought I'd share the recipe! It's simple..but everytime I grill for people they beg me for the recipe.

1.5 lbs of 92% lean (or higher) ground beef
1/2 cup of salsa (eyeball it...you don't want too much)
1 tbs of McCormick's steak or hamburger seasoning (either one works)

Mix ingredients in a bowl, get your hands dirty! Form into patties (size depends on you and your choice of buns). Grill over med-med high heat or fry in a skillet. Flip only once...I flip when the tops are turning brown. But then again, I'm not the master griller like my brother. I still burn my patties once in a while. You can always break one open to check doneness.

Make sure to have fresh tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and whatever else might be your favorite dressings! I also love to mix it up by putting out shredded lettuce and guacamole to dress the burgers or whatever I feel like. :)

3 comments:

Kris said...

Have you ever watched Take Home Chef? I found a great hamburger recipe on there (although I tweaked it a bit... there is no way I'm eating foi gras, not even on a burger!)

We normally make them w/ ground turkey in butter (add salt, pepper & garlic of course) w/ a slice of muenster cheese... It's been a long time since we've done that though...

The other way we make them that turns out great is getting ground buffalo. If I'm lazy I get the ones that are already made into patties w/ cheese & stuff (like sun dried tomatoes) added in... of course that's special occasion burgers lol.

This sounds good though.... I'm def gonna try it!

Jammie said...

I've never watched Take Home Chef...lol, although I'm a Food Network addict. I'll definately have to check out that recipe!

I know buffalo is much healthier than beef but I've never tried it. lol, I should venture out and try it but then my brother can't even get me to try his venison burgers either. lol

Kris said...

It's on TLC, & they have a webpage w/all his recipes. I love it...

I've never had venison in burgers lol, but is really good fried. Has been forever though. Buffalo tastes a lot like beef, just better if that makes any sense.