Friday, September 12, 2008

Chicken Gorgonzola

I was inspired by a meal that I saw at Trader Joe's last week and I thought to myself, "Hey, I can make that!" and my oh my I am so glad that I did and the best part...Start to table in 30 minutes!! I think the kids would love a "naked" version of this, just chicken and the cheese sauce.


Photobucket


  • 3 Chicken Breasts
  • Whole wheat flour
  • 3 Tbs Olive Oil
  • 1/3 Cup Portabella Mushrooms, cut into pieces
  • 1 Small Shallot, chopped
  • 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 Cup half and half
  • 1/2 Cup Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
  • 1 Roma Tomato, chopped
Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in large pan. Add in mushrooms, shallot, and garlic and cook until shallot is tender. Lightly dredge the chicken through the flour and add to the pan cooking until juices run clear. Meanwhile, heat half and half in a saucepan until warm, add in Gorgonzola cheese stirring until creamy. When the chicken is cooked through remove from pan and top each breast with the mushroom mixture and chopped roma tomatoes. Drizzle cheese sauce over top of chicken and top with parsley flakes if desired.

2 comments:

Kris said...

That does sound good...

Jammie said...

I can't wait to try this!!