Saturday, October 4, 2008

King Ranch Chicken

I have never had a dish requested by as many people or as often as this one. I was famous for it in college and didn't divulge how easy it is to make until after I graduated and moved. :)


~Shredded cooked chicken. I have often used leftovers from any other chicken I've recently made.
~Torn up corn tortillas. White or yellow, it doesn't matter.
~Grated cheddar. The more the happier your family will be.

In a medium sized bowl, mix:
~1 can of cream of mushroom (fat free is fine)
~1 can of cream of chicken (fat free is fine)
~ 2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chiles OR 3 cans of Rotel


In a casserole dish, layer in the following order:
~sauce
~tortillas
~sauce
~chicken
~cheese
~tortillas
~sauce
~chicken
~cheese
~tortillas
~sauce
~cheese


Cover and bake at 375 until the cheese bubbles. Put a pan on the rack underneath to catch any cheese that bubbles out. (I've been known to microwave it in a pinch, but it always turns better in the oven.)


Serve it with a dollop of sour cream. My family eats it w/ tortilla chips instead of forks. :)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

marineof2 said...

This sounds so good Steph! Another one going on my list to try!

marineof2 said...

mmmmmmmmm.......so good!!!! This will be a repeat recipe!!!